Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Year That Was

So, it's 2013 or shall I say, it has been for over a month.  Apologies for the long hiatus.  Life got in the way, blah blah blah.   No excuses.  The past couple of months have been focused on spending time with my fiancé, family and friends.  A much needed break if you will.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Inevitably, it had to come to an end.  Thankfully for me, the end of this vacation marked a starting point to an exciting new life.

Before launching into the new year head first and arms wide open, allow me to share with you the highlights of the year that was.  It hosted countless moments of self discovery and reflections.  Surely, mistakes made were more than a few.  But, that only meant learning valuable lessons.  Though, I am nowhere near "living my dream", I am closer to it now than I was last year.

At the very least,  I hope you enjoy the photos.   Grab a cup of tea as there's plenty.

First visit to the Fitzroy Gardens, Melbourne.  My favorite park in the entire world.
Trips to Bangkok for some R&R.  Priceless.
Visiting the Grand Mosque for the first time.
My brief experience in Libya.


Dipping my toes in the sea.  Dead Sea that is. 
Spending time at the Movenpick hotel in Amman, Jordan overlooking Jerusalem.  Magical.  
Coming back to India.
Walking the streets of Madras.
Spring in New York
Falling in love with Nepal
Witnessed my first Sakura in Japan
Street food in Shanghai
Coming back to Nepal and falling in love all over again
Enjoyed the busy streets of Dublin
Had the best Gelato in the world.  Dublin.
Yup, my favorite coffee place opened last year in Abu Dhabi.
From the busy shopping district of Korea...
...to the serene and peaceful parks.  
White water rafting in Bali
Sunset in Boracay, Philippines
Standing right on the top of one of the world's smallest volcano.  Taal, Philippines
Traveling with my family.
Singing The Sound of Music each time we looked out the window.  Graz, Austria
This is by far the most amazing experience not only for me but my entire family.  If I had to choose one highlight of the year, it would be the day that my little sister got married.  

I hope you guys are off to great start.  Here's to a wonderful 2013 for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment