Side note: This post was exported from my previous blog. I plan to move some recipes on here to share with you guys. There might be a few more in the next couple of days so please check back. Enjoy!
Cheesy Beef Lumpia
To make this you'll need:
500 grams minced beef
1 packet of taco mix
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp onions chopped
1 tbsp garlic chopped
3 tbsp spring onions chopped
3 tbsp cilantro chopped
lumpia wrapper (I used rice wrappers from the Vietnamese spring rolls I made weeks ago)
salsa (store bought or homemade)
1/4 cup of mozzarella
strips of cheddar (cut from cheddar slices)
1. Sauté garlic, onion and beef. Cook until the meat is browned.
2. Add taco mix that is dissolved in 1/4 cup water into the pan. Let it simmer until the liquid is completely absorbed . Let cool. (at this point you can serve the meat as a filling for tacos which is what I originally made this for.)
3. In a bowl, mix spring onions, cilantro, beef, mozzarella.
4. Place a strip of cheddar on the wrapper, put the meat mixture on top, roll and seal the sides.
5. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
I paired it with Watermelon Cooler. It's basically 2 cups of fresh watermelon, 2 mint leaves, crushed ice nicely blended into a glass of deliciousness.
PS. Here is the link to the original recipe in case you're interested. link! Happy cooking.