Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Crisp White Shirt


Think Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday- crisp white shirt, iconic, elegant and timeless.  Not to mention easy and versatile. Personally, my thing with white shirt is somewhat of a standard affair.  Mainly because it is hard to mess up.  If it fits well, that is.

If I were to make a blogpost about fashion, it might as well be about the White Shirt.  Why? Because, it is a crime not to!  I am by no means an expert in fashion and my style can be defined in two words.  Safe and predictable.  That's when I'm at my most comfortable and confident simultaneously.  It is, in my humble opinion, the pinnacle of simplicity and sophistication.

Onto the topic- I love white shirts for a few different reasons:

  • White is always a great shade to wear all year long.  
  • it is the best way to showcase a statement necklace or any accessory for that matter.
  • you can make it look as sexy or conservative depending on your mood.  
  • a red lip and white shirt is a match made in fashion heaven. 
  • it's easy to mix and match therefore you only really need a few good pieces in your wardrobe.
  • it looks good on both pale and tan skin.
  • you can choose to buy expensive ones but the cheaper ones look virtually the same.

I said this about food and I'll say it again this time.  The possibilities are endless.  It's perfect for people who are looking to downsize their wardrobe to just the essentials.  Otherwise, a great piece to own if you're more into playing with different looks.  Are there any rules to wearing it?  Yes!!!

  • keep it stark white
  • always, always iron it neatly!
  • wear it proud and most importantly, have fun with it.


Take care everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment